[vtkusers] java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Sun Feb 4 13:24:16 EST 2007

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 02:12:23PM +0000, Bartlomiej Wilkowski wrote:
> Dear VTk users!
>
> Please help me with the error
>
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit

[...]

> please help me as I really didnt find anything in vtk mailgroup and
> anywhere...:(

Any time you see UnsatisfiedLinkError, it's because you haven't loaded
the VTK libraries in java.  These are the .dll or .so files that you
have to load using System.loadLibrary().  There are loads of questions
and answers in the archives about loadLibrary.

My advice is to put the loadLibrary() code directly into your main()
routine so that the application fails fast if the libs can't be
loaded, rather than failing in the event thread some arbitrary time
later.

-Steve