[vtkusers] Re: closed polygon from splinewidget

Michael Knopke Michael.Knopke at gmx.de
Sat Feb 3 16:59:42 EST 2007

Hi Dean,

thanks for your answer, helped me alot. Your right, it's a polyline. I saw that with vtkSplineWidget I can querry if the polyline is geometrically closed and this solves the problem. Unfortunately I cannot querry for a convex polygon, so the trianglefilter still gives me errors when using the tool. Is there a way to detect if a polygon is convex or degenerated? Also it seems that this is not the correct way to do this because it doesn't allow to probe a dataset with an arbitrary shape. Is there a better way to do this?

Regards

Michael