[vtkusers] Store a BMP image in a uchar array

Subhas Hati subhas_vtk at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 05:47:47 EST 2007

Hi
     I am a novice to VTK. I am able to read a VTK
File and able to display through imageActor. May I
know how to store the bmp image content in a uchar
array.
Please find below my code.

Regards
Subhas

vtkBMPReader  *bmpReader = vtkBMPReader::New();
bmpReader->SetFileName("/home/subhas/software/VTK/MyExamples/masonry.bmp");
    bmpReader->Update();

  vtkImageActor *imageActor = vtkImageActor::New();
    imageActor->SetInput( bmpReader->GetOutput() );

  vtkImageData  *imageData = imageActor->GetInput();

                           vtkUnsignedCharArray
*array = vtkUnsignedCharArray::New();