[vtkusers] Re: File format - netCDF to/from VTK

gcubed.developer at yahoo.com gcubed.developer at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 20 13:15:26 EST 2007

Before retiring in 2004, I also maintained this code on Windows with Visual Studio 6.  There was nothing particularly unix-y about the code, just the details of the make system.

The conversion procedures are straight-forward and easily extracted.  However, they are not generalized for just any netCDF data you happen to have lying around.  Also, they were not written to the VTK developer standards.  I believe someone has begun to add netCDF routines to VTK, at least with the old netCDF interface.

If you decide to go further with this, take a look at Kitware's free CMake for Windows.  I'll be happy to answer questions about my source code.

John