[vtkusers] Setting global point IDs from Python

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Dec 19 17:23:34 EST 2007

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

In trying to figure out how to take your advice I realized what my
original problem had been: My installed version of VTK was 5.0.3, but
I'd been looking at the documentation for the cvs 5.1.0 when I saw
references to the SetGlobalIds() method in vtkPointData and
vtkDataSetAttributes. It looks like 5.0.3 didn't have those methods
defined, which is why I couldn't make them work in my program -- go
figure! :)

I appreciate the help.
-Eric