[vtkusers] Setting global point IDs from Python

Eric Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Thu Dec 13 13:21:18 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm using Python to build a vtkUnstructuredGrid and I need to manually
set the global point IDs (for some later plotting in ParaView).

It doesn't seem to me, though, that the SetGlobalIds() method (for
vtkPointData or vtkDataSetAttributes) is directly accessible through
the VTK Python wrappers.

Does anyone know how to set the global Id attribute on point data from
Python? (Maybe I'm just missing something obvious, but I'm pretty new
to both Python and VTK.)

Thanks,
-Eric

Eric E. Monson