[vtkusers] Accessing the MeshList attribute of vtk3DSImporter

Hala ALBakour haloul02 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 08:01:30 EST 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to access the MeshList attribute of the
class vtk3DSImporter after I read a 3DS file as
follows:

vtkRenderer *ren = vtkRenderer::New();
ren->SetBackground(0.1, 0.2, 0.4);
vtkRenderWindow *renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
renWin->AddRenderer(ren);
renWin->SetSize(1024,768);
vtkRenderWindowInteractor *iren =
vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
iren->SetRenderWindow(renWin);

vtk3DSImporter *importer = vtk3DSImporter::New();
importer->SetRenderWindow(renWin);
importer->SetFileName("sample.3ds");
importer->ComputeNormalsOn();
importer->Read();
vtk3DSMesh* mesh = importer->MeshList;

however whenver I try to access the mesh object it
looks as empty containing no faces or vetrices, though
the rendering window is working very well displaying
different kinds of 3D models (.3ds files), do you have
any idea of what's going on, am I doing something
wrong here,

thanks a lot for your help,

Hala