[vtkusers] Points with same coordinates in vtkPolyData

Giff zibalmail at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 07:23:08 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have a vtkPolyData object that I read from a vrml file using
vtkVRMLImporter. The resulting vtkPolyData contains points and polys, but no
vertexes, lines, or strips.
When I tried to implement an algorithm that should visit all the points in
the object, I found out that several points in the model have different id
but same 3D coordinates. Even after using vtkCleanPolyData, though the
number of points sensibly decreased, many of the points still have the same
coordinates.

Am I missing something trivial here? Why do different points have the same
coordinates? And why there are no vertexes (only points) in my vtkPolyData
object?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,