[vtkusers] Lib.obj issue still exists

Bob Palank srfpala at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 7 19:43:25 EST 2007

Running VC++ 2005 Express  on XP Pro

After referencing the vtk50\Include folder I get a clean compile which
yields a vtkTest01.obj in the Debug folder.
The linker creates the .exe and all is well since no code exist within main
and no references to the vtk Library have been added.

No executable vtk code was added - just a set of vtk includes ..... all is
well

Next, I add a Linker Input dependency for the folder h:\vtk50\lib

still there is no code main()  - the compile is clean but the Linker
indicates

Linking...

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'h:\vtk50\lib.obj'

Build log was saved at
"file://h:\vtk50\Examples\vtkTest01\vtkTest01\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

Of course there is no lib.obj file.

So what should I do ?

Bob