[vtkusers] Problem with building VTK 5.0.3 with Python/Tk on Mac OSX 10.4.1

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Dec 7 09:24:43 EST 2007

On 12/7/07 12:53 PM, Thomas, JMH (Jens) said:

>I'm trying to build vtk 5.0.3 with the Python and Tcl/Tk wrappers on Mac
>OSX 10.4.1 on a ppc machine using python 2.5 and building a universal binary.

If want want a Universal Binary, you should definitely use CVS, not 5.0.3:
<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ#Can_
VTK_be_built_as_a_Universal_Binary_on_Mac_OS_X.3F>

Also, do you really mean 10.4.1?  Or do you mean 10.4.11 or 10.5.1?  In
any case, which version of Xcode do you have?

>Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this to work?
>
>I've attached my CmakeCache.txt and have included some additional
>information below in case it is of any use.

1200 lines of text is a lot... :)  What settings did you change from
their default?

>I'm using  cmake-2.4.7-Darwin-universal

If you are on 10.5, I suggest CVS CMake also.

Lastly, there are some Mac dashboards that enable TCL, you may want to
look at their settings.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com