[vtkusers] eliminate duplicate nodes

Oliver Gloth oliver.gloth at engits.com
Thu Dec 6 11:01:09 EST 2007

I had a look at vtkCleanPolyData and the classes vtkMergePoints and
vtkPointLocator seem to be good starting points. It is required to clean a
vtkUnstructuredGrid, that's why the vtkCleanPolyData is not directly
applicable - but thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

The links you sent (thanks btw.) are not completely unknown to me and I
might use the Netgen package for this project. It is not a CFD project, but
a mesh generation project (I would not use VTK data structures for a solver
...). I gave some thought to using VTK: it might not be ideal, but
definitely well suited. Tools like, for example, vtkMergePoints, are very
valuable and they can be a real pain to implement and debug. The other thing
I like about VTK is that it is well documented and has a large user
community, and yes visualisation is very easy indeed!

Oliver