[vtkusers] copying render window content

Tim Soper tim_d_soper at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 14:04:25 EDT 2007

Hi-
   I am trying to copy the content of one render window (renderer, mapper, and actor) to a new render window.
I find that if I try to add a pre-existing renderer to a new window, it no longer works in the first window. The render, mapper, and actors do not appear to have Copy methods. What is the best way to do this so that I can quickly visualize the polydata in one window in a new window with a different actors and mappers, but with the rendering and lighting properties still the same?
Thanks a lot for any help.

Tim Soper
Research Assistant
University of Washington