[vtkusers] Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x2b1a)

Henrik Westerberg henrik.westerberg at crg.es
Mon Aug 27 12:06:28 EDT 2007

Hello vtkusers,

I am getting a lot of these types of errors in my Java/VTK app:

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x2b1a)

I have tried using methods from vtkPanel/vtkCanvas where possible
but sometimes it is necessary to use vtk functions which may
interact with the renderer. i.e:

renWin.GetRenderer().RemoveAllViewProps();
renWin.GetRenderer().AddActor(aActor);

using vtkCanvas and vtkPanel:

renWin.resetCamera();
renWin.Render();

where renWin is a vtkCanvas.

I need to be able to interactively take actors in and out of the scene, and
I suspect it is the RemoveAllViewProps() which is causing the problems. Also
I cannot use  Lock and Unlock provided in vtkPanel as they are protected, is
this an avenue worth looking into?

I am using VTK 5.1, Java 1.6, X 6.8.2, RH5.5

any pointers would be appreciated,

Henrik