[vtkusers] voxelize vtkpolydata

Hendrik Belitz hbelitz at darkon.info
Fri Aug 24 02:34:31 EDT 2007

Hi Achim,

With high probability, this answer is still valid:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2002-April/060535.html

I use vtkPolyDataToImageStencil for myself with good results to "voxelize" polydata meshes. Even more decent results could be obtained by using an external library, like object voxelization by filterung for example( http://www.viskom.oeaw.ac.at/~milos/ ), with the only drawback that you need to convert your data by yourself into the appropiate formats.

Regards
 Hendrik

Achim Poll <a.poll at fz-juelich.de> hat am 23. August 2007 um 13:27 geschrieben:

> Dear VTK-Users,
>
> i want to voxelize a Mesh into a binary volume. This Mesh is stored in a vtkPolyData.
> But i don't know how to solve this problem.
>
> After voxelization i need to have access to every single voxel. For this i need a Output Type like ITK::Image or something equal in VTK.
>
> Can somebody help me ?
>
> Greetings
> Achim

> 52425 Jülich
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
> Eingetragen im Handelsregister des Amtsgerichts Düren Nr. HR B 3498
> Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
> Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender), Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)

Brilliance is typically the act of an individual, but incredible
stupidity can usually be traced to an organization. - Jon Bentley

Hendrik Belitz, Computer Scientist
email: hbelitz at computer.org or hbelitz at ieee.org