[vtkusers] A Problem of VTK Compiling

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 22:42:49 EDT 2007

Often these type of errors are caused by a mixture of different versions of
dlls. My suggestion would be to delete the contents of the build directories
completely (including CMakeCache.txt) and run CMake again and then
recompile.

When you build your own code, don't forget to delete the CMakeCache.txt file
and run CMake again before using Visual Studio.

Andrew

On 8/22/07, JohnMark <zhaojunxp at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi , everyone ,
>
>     Today I download the VTK 5.1.0 from the www.vtk.org by CVS . and I get
> no mistake when I compile
>
> it in CMake 2.4 . then I compile the VTK.dsw in VC++ 6.0 .there is no
> mistake and I get all the .lib
>
> and .dll . but I get many errors when I use it . the error is : there is a
> conflict ......
>
>     I have compile VTK 5.0.3 , is there a conflict between VTK 5.0.3 and
> VTK 5.1.0 ? my system is Win
>
> XP , and I can compile programs with VTK 5.0.3 perfectly . but I can't use
> VTK 5.1.0 . so I doubt
>
> there are three possibilities :
>
>     1 , there really is a conflict between VTK 5.1.0 and VTK 5.0.3 ;
>
>     2 , the library paths have changed in the new edition ;
>
>     3 , there is some problem with my compile environment : because I know
> the VTK 5.1.0 can
>
>         compile and use in VC++ 8.0 from one of my internet friends . and
> that is to say , I have
>
>         to compile it in VC++8.0 and then I can use VTK 5.1.0 ?
>
>     who can help me ? who can tell me how to compile VTK 5.1.0 in VC++6.0
> & Win XP ? who can tell me
>
> how to set the libraries paths ( if the set method has changed ) ?
>
>     thank you and with great regards !
>
>     Mark

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems