[vtkusers] simple 3d plots from matlab to VTK using python / A three-dimensional quiver plot displays vectors with components (u, v, w)

yadin Bocuma Rivas conra2004 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 13:28:53 EDT 2007

hi can any one send ME a small program on how to plot vectors in VTK
how can i see a plot of a 3d - sine,ETC
like i have this litle matlab program....how can i write something like this using
vtk
[X,Y] = meshgrid(-8:.5:8);         %CREATE THE POINTS
R = sqrt(X.^2 + Y.^2) + eps;
Z = sin(R)./R;
mesh(X,Y,Z,'EdgeColor','black') #%3d plot OF the points [X,Y,Z]

OR SOMETHING LIKE THIS

[X,Y] = meshgrid(-2:0.25:2,-1:0.2:1);
Z = X.* exp(-X.^2 - Y.^2);
[U,V,W] = surfnorm(X,Y,Z);
quiver3(X,Y,Z,U,V,W,0.5);
hold on
surf(X,Y,Z);
colormap hsv
view(-35,45)
axis ([-2 2 -1 1 -.6 .6])
hold off

I ATACHED SOM PICTURES OF THE KIND OF PLOTS I NEED
please i need to use vtk/python please any thing that can get me started will help

Correo Yahoo!