[vtkusers] Compile VTK In VC++ 6.0 & WinXP

JohnMark zhaojunxp at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 20 08:02:34 EDT 2007

Hi , everyone ,

    Today I download the VTK 5.1.0 from the www.vtk.org by CVS . and I get no mistake when I compile

it in CMake 2.4 . then I compile the VTK.dsw in VC++ 6.0 .there is no mistake and I get all the .lib

and .dll . but I get many errors when I use it . the error is : there is a conflict ......

    I have compile VTK 5.0.3 , is there a conflict between VTK 5.0.3 and VTK 5.1.0 ? my system is Win

XP , and I can compile programs with VTK 5.0.3 perfectly . but I can't use VTK 5.1.0 . so I doubt

there are three possibilities :

    1 , there really is a conflict between VTK 5.1.0 and VTK 5.0.3 ;

    2 , the library paths have changed in the new edition ;

    3 , there is some problem with my compile environment : because I know the VTK 5.1.0 can

        compile and use in VC++ 8.0 from one of my internet friends . and that is to say , I have

        to compile it in VC++8.0 and then I can use VTK 5.1.0 ?

    who can help me ? who can tell me how to compile VTK 5.1.0 in VC++6.0 & Win XP ? who can tell me

how to set the libraries paths ( if the set method has changed ) ?

    thank you and with great regards !

    Mark