[vtkusers] Problem : vtkImageViewer + AddObserver()

JohnMark zhaojunxp at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 18 23:43:43 EDT 2007

Hello ,

    I write a program to response to the mouse event in C++ . that is ,

there are three pictures in the rendering window , which are the objects of

vtkImageViewer . In order to capture the mouse events , I use the

vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor instead of vtkRenderWindowInteractor .

and I write only one MyFunction that would be invoked by the three

objects' AddObserver() function . then there is the problem :

if I press one picture with the mouse , how can I know the picture's

Z Slice ? ( I display three pictures with different Z Slice )

    And the key is : you should get the picture's object , and then you could

get the Z Slice through the function GetZSlice() .

    So I thought it would be OK if I wrote the Myfunction() for every

pictures' AddObserver() several weeks ago . but the program

would be too large if more pictures would be displayed

in the rendering window .

    can you give me some good suggestion to solve this problem :

use one MyFunction() to response the mouse events and

get the picture or its Z Slices and so on that is clicked by the mouse ?

    Thank you very much and with regards !

    Mark