[vtkusers] VTK-Borland Render Window

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 16 23:38:00 EDT 2007

Hi Oscar,

if you have built with static vtk libs,
you must create a FormClose event similar
to this one:

-
void __fastcall TMainForm::FormClose(TObject *Sender, TCloseAction &Action)
{
  Action = caFree;
  // delete any other vtk objects that
  // were created in the form's OnCreate method

  my_actor->Delete();

  // finally, if your app had one vtkBorlandRenderWindow
  // created in the IDE and it was named "RenderWindow",
  // delete it like any other Borland component as follows,
  // even though it was not explicitly allocated in
  // the form's constructor or it's OnCreate event:

  delete RenderWindow;
}

HTH,
Dean

Hi All!!!!!!!!
Finally It was solved the problem cited below, thanks.
	In BCB5 IDE in Project->Options->Linker just disable "Use dynamic
RTL"

	But I get the problem that probably Dean was expecting, I got an
error when I try to quit the application.

	if app render a sphere (Button 'create 1' is pushed) and then try to
quit, it throw 3 error messages:
		<<  ... Access Violation at adresss 0__0 ...>>
		<<	Assertion failed: this->Current==0, file
..\vtk(code_source)\common\vtkGarbageCollector.cxx line 419 >>
		<<	Abnormal program termination	>> after this app is
closed

	if app doesn't render a sphere (Button 'create 1' is pushed) and
then try to quit, it throw just 1 error message:	<<  ... Access
Violation at adresss 0__0 ...>> after this it's no posible to close the app

	This PC has
          WindowsXP Pro ServicePack2
		 Nvidia GeForce FX 5200

          VTK-5.0.3
          CMAKE-2.4.7
          Borland C++ Builder 5 (bcc 55)
		and I´m using
 			BUILD_SHARED_LIBS: OFF
			CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE: Debug
			VTK_USE_RENDERING: ON
			VTK_USE_PARALLEL: OFF
			VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT: ON
			:
			:
			:
	I was wondering if somebody can tell me how to solve this problem,
or give me a tip about what's wrong...

Thanks in advance!!!