[vtkusers] Display 'Transparent' Map

Janny Dong janny.dong at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 17:00:17 EDT 2007

Hello, vtkusers

I made a movie with VTK to visualize the temperature changes, as shown in
the attached screen shot (map.jpg). The red dots are locations of
measurements. What I want to do is display a geographic map (e.g. US map)
over this color map showing the state boundaries. The US map is kind of
'floating' above my temperature map, masking the ocean part but not the
color changes (as in usmap.jpg).

Could someone shed some lights on which VTK class to use? I was looking at
vtkTexture but I don't think it is the right one.

Thanks!
Janny