[vtkusers] volume data

Ross Eldridge ross.eldridge at kitware.com
Tue Aug 14 14:00:36 EDT 2007

Hey Vlad,

Instead of using cuts and isosurfaces, have you tried using a volume
renderer on your data?

If you really want to use glyphs, you'll want to adjust your
vtkPolyDataMapper to do what you want.  To do that, set your mapper's
lookup table to a new vtkLookupTable you create, and set whatever color
ranges and alpha range (opacity) you want (don't forget to set your
lookup tables scalar range using SetRange).  Of course, this is limited
to a linear change in opacities, but hopefully it's what you're looking for.

-Ross