[vtkusers] Getting the scalar value from vtkCell

Mark Kobine mark at bugless.co.uk
Fri Aug 10 09:37:39 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have some geometry read in from an STL file that contains several
"solid" sections. These sections are currently coloured automatically
by vtk based on the scalar value assigned to each section as it is
read in. I want to change the appearance of one of these sections if
the user clicks on it in the renderer window.

I'm using vtkCellPicker and from that I can get the selected vtkCell.
 From there is there a way to get the scalar value for that cell?

My approach is to use that scalar to somehow change the appearance of
all cells with the same scalar value.

Can any one help? Is this a sensible approach?

Many thanks,
Mark