[vtkusers] Compiling kwwidgets using VC6 on Win2000

H. Johnson misc at faradayco.com
Wed Aug 8 13:50:57 EDT 2007

Hi,
It wasn't obvious to me where the kwwidgets forum is so I'm posting
here.  I have successfully built (ALL BUILD) the latest version of VTK
on my machine using the vtk.dsw file generated by CMAKE.

I then generated a .dsw for kwwidgets and it made it quite a way through
the build before giving me the following errors:

--------------------Configuration: KWWidgets - Win32
Release--------------------
Compiling...
tkTreeTheme.c
NOTE: WINVER has been defined as 0x0500 or greater which enables
Windows NT 5.0 and Windows 98 features. When these headers were released,
Windows NT 5.0 beta 1 and Windows 98 beta 2.1 were the current versions.
For this release when WINVER is defined as 0x0500 or greater, you can only
build beta or test applications.  To build a retail application,
set WINVER to 0x0400 or visit http://www.microsoft.com/msdn/sdk
to see if retail Windows NT 5.0 or Windows 98 headers are available.
See the SDK release notes for more information.
C:\Project3\KWWidgets\Utilities\TkTreeCtrl\generic\tkTreeTheme.c(25) :
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'uxtheme.h': No such file
or directory
Error executing cl.exe.
<<<
A little research on the web leads me to believe that the use of
uxtheme.h requires XP or Vista.  Can kwwidgets be built using VC6?  Any
ideas??

Thanks,

Henry