[vtkusers] Using vtkExtractVOI with negative extent on a 2D vtkImageData

Flo snrf at no-log.org
Tue Aug 7 20:11:03 EDT 2007

Dear all:

I actually solved my problem - maybe that s not the best way but I
just post MY solution (maybe risky).

I made a  change round line 204 of vtkExtractVOI.cxx from outOrigin
[i] - voi[2*i] ..... to outOrigin[i] = origin[i]
Then recompile VTK and I made sure the example TestImageTracerWidget
was still working !

Then, to extract a ROI from the Spline considering a 2D
vtkImageData,  one should modify the vtkImageTracerWidget and the
vtkSplineWidget to the SetProjectionNormalToZAxes .... as well as the
extruding vector nomal to the x,y plane, SetVector(0,0,1)

I was missing the update of the last extruding vector.

regards,
Flo.