[vtkusers] vtk-5.0.3 tests fail on SUSE 10.2

Martin Baumann mailsgetlost at web.de
Mon Aug 6 05:55:25 EDT 2007

Hi,

I just recognized, that after compiling vtk-5.0.2 or vtk-5.0.3 with the
shared library
option and without the use of rpath, some of the tests that are run
using 'make test' fail:

The following tests FAILED:
          2 - ObjectFactory (Failed)
          3 - otherArrays (Failed)
          4 - otherEmptyCell (Failed)
          5 - otherRectilinearGrid (Failed)
          6 - otherCellBoundaries (Failed)
          7 - otherCellPosition (Failed)
          8 - otherStructuredGrid (Failed)
          9 - otherTimerLog (Failed)
         10 - otherLookupTable (Failed)
         11 - otherByteSwap (Failed)
         12 - otherCellArray (Failed)
         13 - otherStringArray (Failed)
         14 - otherCellTypes (Failed)
         15 - otherFieldData (Failed)
         16 - quadraticEvaluation (Failed)
         17 - TestAmoebaMinimizer (Failed)
         18 - TestGarbageCollector (Failed)
         19 - TestImageIterator (Failed)
         20 - TestDirectory (Failed)
         21 - TestSmartPointer (Failed)
         22 - SystemInformation (Failed)
         23 - TestCxxFeatures (Failed)
         24 - TestInstantiator (Failed)
         26 - quadCellConsistency (Failed)
         27 - otherColorTransferFunction (Failed)
         29 - Mace (Failed)
         30 - expCos (Failed)
         31 - BoxClipTriangulate (Failed)
         32 - CellLocator (Failed)
         33 - PointLocator (Failed)
         34 - FrustumClip (Failed)
         35 - RGrid (Failed)
         36 - TestSortDataArray (Failed)
         38 - otherCreation (Failed)
         42 - otherCoordinate (Failed)
         43 - LoadOpenGLExtension (Failed)
         44 - TestOrderedTriangulator (Failed)
         48 - BoxWidget (Failed)
         49 - TestImplicitPlaneWidget (Failed)
         50 - TestOrientationMarkerWidget (Failed)
Errors while running CTest

In my case this happened because some of the vtk library-files, for instance
libvtkCommon.so.5.0 couldn't be found. After adding VTK-Path/bin to the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:VTK-Path/bin
all tests confirmed.

Is this a bug or is this a usual behaviour and intended?

Best regards,
M.B.