[vtkusers] Freeing up memory

rashed karim rashed.vtk at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 4 16:05:53 EDT 2007

Hi VTK users,

Inside a function I do this:
vtkRendererCollection* rendererCollection = renderWin->GetRenderers();

Where I am basically getting the renderers associated with a rendering
window. Further down in the code I extract the renderer from the collection
and delete any existing actors in the renderer and replace it with a new
actor.

When exiting the function, I start freeing up the memory by invoking on
Delete( ) on the renderer, actor, etc. But here is where it gets all wierd -
when I delete the rendererCollection object, I can no longer interact with
my actor. Does anyone know why?

Thanks
Rashed Karim.