[vtkusers] Cone.java example hangs on Mac OS 10.3.9

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 2 17:08:02 EDT 2007

Jennifer West wrote:
[]
> Also I do seem to need to set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH as when I don't, I
> get the error:
> dyld: java can't open library: libvtkCommon.dylib.5.0  (No such file or
> directory, errno = 2)
> Trace/BPT trap

What you could try is to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH instead of
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, because the former only affects the search for
libraries that don't have an install_name. It is therefore much less
destructive than the latter which distorts all library search paths. If
this doesn't work, then try at least DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH which
puts the new path after the standard search path.

--
Martin