[vtkusers] Cone.java example hangs on Mac OS 10.3.9

Jennifer West jennifer.lorraine.west at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 18:58:36 EDT 2007

Thanks for the pointer to the article. I tried the workaround described
there, but that did not solve the problem.

I set the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH as described in these instructions:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-July/085918.html

Although those were written for OS 10.4 and I'm using 10.3.9 - not sure if
that makes a difference.

I ran the program using the java -verbose mode and found that it gets stuck
after
[Loaded vtk.vtkConeSource]

I don't know if it's actually getting through loading vtk.vtkConeSource and
getting stuck at the next step. But other things (eg. vtk.vtkActor,
vtk.vtkPolyDataAlgorithm) seem to load ok (or at least it gets past that
point in the code). Any ideas what is different between vtkConeSource and
vtkPolyDataAlgorithm? I don't know vtk well enough to see a difference.

Jennifer