[vtkusers] Rendering a contour map from scalars with associated points on a 3D object

Michael Hanley Michael.Hanley at ucd.ie
Mon Apr 30 06:24:49 EDT 2007

Hey all,

I have a 3D STL image. One side of which I want to render a contour map
onto. I have taken discrete points along this model and computed scalar
heights. Therefore, I have two Tcl lists, scalars and points. Is there a
way in vtk in which I can view these scalars as points on the surface of
my 3D object, perhaps as a contour map. I have been told vtk probefilter
may be handy. Any help would be great thanks, and if you need me to
clarify any points i have left a little vague, please ask.

--
Regards,

Michael Hanley

Bioengineering Research