[vtkusers] vtkgl::GenBuffers

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Fri Apr 27 07:29:20 EDT 2007

Eugen,

Are you sure you read my post from April 14 carefully?

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2007-April/090579.html

vtkgl::GenBuffersARB is defined in extension ARB_vertex_buffer_object, *NOT* in extension ARB_pixel_buffer_object.
(But it is used by extension ARB_pixel_buffer_object...)

So you have to load extension ARB_vertex_buffer_object in order to initialize the function pointer vtkgl::GenBuffersARB.

Also, I'm talking about vtkgl::GenBuffersARB *NOT* vtkgl::GenBuffers.

vtkgl::GenBuffers is defined by OPENGL_1_5. If you want to use it instead of vtkgl::GenBuffersARB, check and load OPENGL_1_5 first.

John Biddiscombe wrote:

>> exactly like it is done for other extensions in that class (you've
>> listed the same way in your mail. That's what I'm doing). After the
>> extension is loaded successfully I still get:
>>
>> "...0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000..."
>>
>> in the line calling vtkgl::GenBuffers(1, &texBuffer)
> In that case I can only suggest that  texBuffer is not a valid array (or
> is not big enough to hold the generated pointers or whatever gets put in
> there).. Other than that I can't help. (Did you check that
> vtkgl::GenBuffers is a valid pointer to function?)
>
> JB

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive