[vtkusers] how to clip and cut DEM data?

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Thu Apr 26 10:53:59 EDT 2007

On 4/25/07, ye.yuanzhi <yeyuzh at 163.com> wrote:

>  dear Karthik Krishnan:
>         thanks very much to give directions. Now i have another question .
> I want to get the bound of the DEM ,so i used vtkDataSet::GetBounds();but
> the return vale(zmin = = zmax).I don't know why to that?  I want get the
> range of  the XYZ three orientations  of  the DEM. How to get it? Thanks at
> first.

DEM data is 2D image data. So GetBounds will return zmin=zmax. The scalar
values of the image represent the height field. So use the GetScalarRange
method to get the max-min values of the elevation :

  demReader->GetOutput()->GetScalarRange()

--
karthik
PS: Please keep mails to the list.

======== 2007-04-25 15:57:00  ========