[vtkusers] if vtkcutter cut vtkPolyData by vtkplane, vtkPolyData becomes 2D?

ѧ־ Ñî shulo1978 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 15:49:57 EDT 2007

Hi, I am just wondering, if I use vtkCutter cut through vtkPolyData by
vtkPlane, is that mean 3D becomes 2D? If i want to do some mathematical
calculation on the data in the vtkPolyData, can I do it in 2D way? I am so
confused. for example, if I use getBounds, will it return a 3D cube or 2D
rectangle? or 3D with zero Z value? can anyone explain to me please. Thank
you very much!