[vtkusers] Polygon Intersection with vtkPolyData

ѧ־ Ñî shulo1978 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 10:26:38 EDT 2007

Hi everyone, I am quite new to VTK. I am trying to do polygon intersection
detection and extract the area which overlaps and reconstruct the
overlapping part into a new polygon. The information of polygons is stored
in vtkPolyData, I have written an algorithm to detect intersection and
reconstruct new polygon. However, it doesn't work. Since I am quite new to
vtk, I might make some mistakes. The question is as polygon infomation is
stored in vtkPolyData, do I need to use vtkCutter to cut through with a
vtkPlane to get 2D data? I didn't do this and straightaway extract the
point(vtkPoints) in vtkPolyData and compare them. If I did this, can I still
store the data in vtkPolyData just as the point z value is zero? I dun know
whether I confuse you guys, if I didn't make myself clear, please let me
know. Please do help me and I really appreciate. The main problem I have
really is lack of information of VTK. The documentation is a bit hard for me
to understand sometimes and not sufficient information : (... Thanks for
everyone