[vtkusers] Vector data range from a Plot3D file

Shriram N shriram.uc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 17:18:36 EDT 2007

Hi all!

I have two questions!

[1] How do I find out the range of the vector data in a Plot3D file?
I'm trying to create a CFD data visualizer using C# and the .net
wrappers for VTK.
I found a GetScalarRange() method that I used to set the lookup table for
coloring some streamlines by scalar value.

this.lut.SetTableRange(Dataset.Plot3DReader.GetOutput().GetScalarRange());

I have set the vector function to be be used using
Plot3DReader.SetVectorFunctionNumber(200);

I want to be able to color the streamlines by vector value.

[2] How does one find the dimensions of a structured grid extracted using
vtkPlot3DReader?
I found that 'Dataset.Plot3DReader.GetOutput().GetDimensions()' does not
return the correct value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-shriram