[vtkusers] Using GetBounds() for 2-D vtkPolyData

Wei Woo weiwoo11 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 09:07:57 EDT 2007

Dear friend,
                  Thank u very much for your reply.I have got the following function in my code.

  /*******************************************************************************************************
  static void sliceStartPoint(vtkPolyData *pData,double sBoundary[3])
  {
  double bounds[6] = {0.0,-1.0,0.0,-1.0,0.0,-1.0};
  double stPoints[3] = {-1.0,-1.0,-1.0};
  pData->GetBounds(bounds);
  stPoints[0] = bounds[1];
  stPoints[1] = (bounds[2]+bounds[3])/2;
  stPoints[2] = (bounds[4]+bounds[5])/2;
  .
  .
  .
  }
  ********************************************************************************************************/
  Compilation in Microsoft Visual C++ is ok.But while running the program I see the following error:

    vtkDataObject : Error: expression cannot be evaluated
    CellData:Expression cannot be evaluated
    PointData:Expression cannot be evaluated

  My polydata is of zero thickness along y direction and along x-z direction.I cannot solve the problem.It would be great if someone give me any idea.

  regards,
  Wei.

Dominik Szczerba <domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch> wrote:
    You didnt tell us what the problem is. If you force me to gues
  s I say you need
to check the bounds, and, if equal in some dimension, separate them by a
small delta.
Dominik

--
Dominik Szczerba, PhD