[vtkusers] Rendering multiple actors on a mac.

Valere R Coffman valerie.coffman at nist.gov
Mon Apr 16 15:22:37 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have some python code that renders an image volume using
FixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper and another actor which is from the CubeSource,
mapped with the PolyDataMapper.  On the linux system I'm using (xorg version
7.1.0-16) this works fine.  However, on a mac (xfree version 4.3), when the cube
is added, the image volume disappears.  When the cube is removed, the image
comes back.  When I run remotely on the linux system while displaying on a mac,
I also have the disappearing image.  When running remotely on the mac and
displaying on linux, I don't have the disappearing image problem.  This leads me
to believe that there is some strange interaction between vtk and the X server
on the mac.

I should also mention that I only have this problem when the vtk render window
is embedded in gtk via the pygtkglext package.

Has anybody had any experience with this?  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Valerie