[vtkusers] No Access to vtkgl::GenBuffers (PBO)

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Sat Apr 14 14:48:36 EDT 2007

Hi Eugen,

vtkgl::GenBuffers is part of OpenGL 1.5, so you also have to load
OPENGL_1_5 otherwise
the function pointer is set to null.

If you look at the spec of ARB_pixel_buffer_object, there is a section
"Dependencies":
"Assumes support for (at least) OpenGL 1.5 or the
ARB_vertex_buffer_object extension".

http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/ARB/pixel_buffer_object.txt

It means either you load OPENGL_1_5 and you use function
vtkgl::GenBuffers or you load
extension ARB_vertex_buffer_object and you use function vtkgl::GenBuffersARB.

Regards.

On 4/14/07, eugen <eudyck at web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to speed up vtkOpenGLVolumeTextureMapper3D by using the OpenGl
> Extension ARB_pixel_buffer_object. It is loaded successfully but I cannot
> access the vtkgl::GenBuffers command. At least this is where I get:
>
> "...0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000...".
>
> I'm checking whether the command is available, like it is done e.g. with
> vtkgl::ActiveTextureARB etc. in the Initialize() methode of the mapper and
> it is not:-(
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Eugen
>

> PS: NV 7900 GS
>

> --

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive