[vtkusers] RES: RES: [Paraview] VTK formats and Fortran (again...)

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Fri Apr 13 20:04:28 EDT 2007

First of all I'd like to thank Fred, Kent and Bruno for the help...

I've finally got something working here... Fortran, Binary and VTK
(unfortunately only the Legacy format...)

I left a very simple Fortran90 program available in
http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias/paraview/VTKFormat.f90 . Please, if you
find what's wrong with the XML version contact me.

Now, I have another very silly doubt regarding the Legacy format:

-- What is a "partitioned VTK Legacy" file? Would it be a simple VTK Legacy
file with *.pvtk extension?!

BTW, I can't understand why there is a bunch of different file extensions
for those XML/VTK based files... if they are all XML files why they should
be distinguished by their extension and not by a simple XML tag?!

Regards

Renato N. Elias
PhD student - http://www.nacad.ufrj.br/~rnelias
High Performance Computing Center (NACAD)
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil