[vtkusers] Re: How to embed C++ vtk screen/window/panel into Java, Swing Frame/Panel/Window? ----- build error when JavaWrapper is turned on

Mei, Longyu LMei at analogic.com
Thu Apr 12 17:00:29 EDT 2007

I cannot build the VTK with the Java Wrapper turns on. I tried several
times. But if I turn off it, it got compiled.

I use VC++ 6.0 on WindowsXP.  Do I need any special set up to do the
build with Java Wrapper turned on?  Or I should not use VC++ 6.0 to
compile the java wrapper? but it is included in ALL_BUILD project.

Error Message is followed.  Please help:

--------------------Configuration: WidgetsCxxTests - Win32
Debug--------------------
Compiling...
WidgetsCxxTests.cxx
BoxWidget.cxx
TestImplicitPlaneWidget.cxx
TestOrientationMarkerWidget.cxx
ImagePlaneWidget.cxx
TestSplineWidget.cxx
TestScalarBarWidget.cxx
TestLineWidget.cxx
TestPlaneWidget.cxx
TestPointWidget.cxx
TestImageTracerWidget.cxx
Generating Code...
Linking...
--------------------Configuration: VTKBuildAll - Win32
Debug--------------------
Generating ../../java/vtk/vtkBuildAllDriver.class
C:\VTK\bin_withJavaWrapper\java\vtk\..\vtk\vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver.java:1
1: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class vtkAbstractArray
location: class vtk.vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver
    dummy = new vtkAbstractArray();
                ^
C:\VTK\bin_withJavaWrapper\java\vtk\..\vtk\vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver.java:1
2: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class vtkAbstractTransform
location: class vtk.vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver
    dummy = new vtkAbstractTransform();
                ^
C:\VTK\bin_withJavaWrapper\java\vtk\..\vtk\vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver.java:1
3: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class vtkAmoebaMinimizer
location: class vtk.vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver
    dummy = new vtkAmoebaMinimizer();
                ^
C:\VTK\bin_withJavaWrapper\java\vtk\..\vtk\vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver.java:1
4: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class vtkAnimationCue
location: class vtk.vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver
    dummy = new vtkAnimationCue();
                ^
C:\VTK\bin_withJavaWrapper\java\vtk\..\vtk\vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver.java:1
5: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class vtkAnimationScene
location: class vtk.vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver
    dummy = new vtkAnimationScene();
                ^
C:\VTK\bin_withJavaWrapper\java\vtk\..\vtk\vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver.java:1
6: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class vtkAssemblyNode
location: class vtk.vtkVTKJavaCommonDriver
    dummy = new vtkAssemblyNode();