[vtkusers] transparancy using vtkImageBlend

Luca Pamparana luca.pamparana at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 08:18:57 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I am playing around with the vtkImageBlend filter and I am having trouble
with getting the underlying image to show through.

So, the setup is as follows:

I have two seperate image reslicers for the two input image volumes. Their
output port both connect to an input port of the vtkImageBlend filter

When I load the volumes, I center them in a viewing display. This is
achieved as follows:

// Set the output extent to our viewer size
slicer1->SetOutputExtent(0, (int)m_sizeX - 1, 0, (int)m_sizeY -1, 0, 0);
slicer2->SetOutputExtent(0, (int)m_sizeX - 1, 0, (int)m_sizeY -1, 0, 0);

// After this set the output origin to be the center of the view.

Now, as you can see the images occupy the whole view. Now, when I display
the final result, the underlying image cannot be seen at all. Is there a way
to set the transparancy so that the underlying image can be seen. Right now,
the overlaid image is totally opaque...

Thanks for your help.

Luca