[vtkusers] Text Justification with vtkFollower

Dave Ardrey daveardrey at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 10:46:13 EDT 2007

Greetings all,

I am using vtkFollower to add labels to an axis.  Everything is working
fine, however the about the point to the left of the text.  I would like the
text to oriet itself about the center.  In a sense I would like it Center
justified instead of left justified.

I have attempted to change the origin of the vtkFollower as follows:

    double *center = new double[3];
    double *position = new double[3];
    center = follower->GetCenter();
    position = follower->GetPosition();
    for (int i=0;i<3;i++)  center[i] = center[i]-position[i];
    follower->SetOrigin(center);

However, this seems to do something funny where it changes the position of
the text as well.

Anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Dave