[vtkusers] performance of MIP mappers

Michael Knopke Michael.Knopke at gmx.de
Tue Apr 10 08:01:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

I added the feature request. You can download the modified file from the
bugtracker as well, to test this mod.

There are slight differences in brightness (opacity) when comparing
software/hardware VRT/MIP. But this seems to be general problem with this
mapper, since also composite blend looks different.

Also, when changing sampledistance with the vtkVolumeTextureMapper (e.g.
while interacting) the opacity increases slightly. I guess there is a
problem with the calculation of opacity of every single texture plane when
using less texture planes, so the overall opacity is wrong. Is this a bug,
or is it unavoidable? I ask, because I saw this phenomenon in different
implementations as well.

Regards
Michael

PS: I still don't know how to add an answer to a thread, it always creates a
new thread. I click on the email in the last post of a thread and use
Outlook.