[vtkusers] problem with getting the coordinate of specified points from an image

Alireza Salamy alireza_sal2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 03:17:04 EDT 2007

Hi all users,
  I construct a phantom that is visible both in MRI images and optical images.This is used together with a biting fixation device to achieve a reproducible position relative to the Skull.It contain at least 3 points identifiable in MRI images(maximum 8 point),e.g.containing a lipid with characteristic MRI signal,as well as a structure easily recognized in the optical image,e.g a simple geometrical pattern in Black and White.
  I decide to let the user identify the required points for loading to iterativeclosestpoint2.CXX (combine with ItkRigid3DperspectiveTransform.h)input,but I don't know how can I get the coordinate of the required points from the image.I read the tutorial on combining VTK+ITK(So I can display image) but I don't know what shall I add to the program to first ask the user to identify the points on the image and then give me the coordinates on the selected points.
  Thanks for your help,
  Alireza