[vtkusers] DICOM reader

Patrick D. Emond patrickdemond at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 15:05:27 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm using vtkDICOMImageReader with the SetDirectoryName() function to
load a bunch of images in a single directory.  Is there any way to
determine if there are any valid DICOM files in the selected directory?
  The only way I see of doing this is to update the image reader and
check if the data increments are (1, 1) or not.  Is there a better way
of doing this?

Just to be clear, I'm not looking for a CanReadFile() method, since this
method can only detect if a single file is readable, not a list of files
in a directory.

Cheers,
Patrick