[vtkusers] Problems recording events with vtkInteractorEventRecorder

piali das pialid at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:36:06 EDT 2007

Hi,
I have writen a new VTK 5.x style widget. In order to write a test for it I
need to store the Interactor events in a file. I tried using the
vtkInteractorEventRecorder to record the events.
The method GrabFocus() is called when the widget is selected by a
MouseButtonPress event, which makes the widget exclusively grab all events
invoked by its vtkRenderWindowInteractor. Thus when the widget is selected
by a MouseButtonPress event, the vtkInteractorEventRecorder does not recieve
the following MouseMoveEvent  or MouseButtonReleaseEvent.
In this situation how do I use the vtkInteractorEventRecorder to record the
events.
Any suggestion on the topic will be helpful.

thanks,
Piali