[vtkusers] Realloc failing in vtkDataArrayTemplate

Pankaj Chaudhari pankaj2 at umbc.edu
Fri Apr 6 11:38:04 EDT 2007

Hi,

While using vtkStreamer, I am getting following error on Update

ERROR: In ../Common/vtkDataArrayTemplate.txx, line 255 Unable to allocate 98302204 elements of size 4 bytes.

I tried to debug this problem and found that "realloc" function is failing to allocate those many bytes even when plenty of swap space is remaining (but no main memory).

Does anyone has any clue about why realloc fails even if swap space is available? Is there any solution to get around this problem(besides putting more RAM :) ?.

Thanks,
Pankaj