[vtkusers] Compiling VTK on LINUX

Kalpana Kanthasamy kalpana0611 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 10:02:52 EDT 2007

Thanks Obada and Dominik for your help, I have managed to install Cmake I
think, now I have problem running it

Ok, here is what I did

a) I downloaded the unix version of Cmake ( its not wrong rite, it has the
configure file in it ), the file name is
cmake-2.4.6.tar.gz<http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.4/cmake-2.4.6.tar.gz>
,
I untarred it into a Cmake directory, and ran the following command

cd CMake
./configure
make
make install

[the make install step is optional, cmake can run directly from the build
directory if you want.]
- I did not run the last line cause I dun have the root priveleges. ok, now
that that's done, I have to run the cmake, I referred to this website
http://www.cmake.org/HTML/RunningCMake.html .
But when I type ccmake

kalpanak at sauron ~ $ ccmake
-bash: ccmake: command not found

kalpanak at sauron ~ $ ccmake Cmake
-bash: ccmake: command not found

The VTK is in a different directory and Cmake is in a different directory, I
do not wanna install it as in place built thing, but what do you suggest..
thanks, sorry if my questions are really dumb.