[vtkusers] Re: writing several scalars in one file (py and C)...

fred fredmfp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 13:56:36 EDT 2007

David C Thompson a écrit :
> If you use Allocate (or SetNumberOfTuples), then you should use SetValue
> or SetTuple instead of InsertNextValue or InsertNextTuple. The routines
> that begin with InsertNext perform bounds checks on each insert which
> can slow things down.

Ok, I use SetNumberOfTuples and SetTuple{1,3}.
Works fine.

But in this case, I do still use for loops.
There is no way to write something like

vtkdata.SetSomeFunction(data)

where data is a full scipy array for instance ?

I'm looking for performance in writing big data files (~ n * 100 Mb).

Cheers,

--
/F