[vtkusers] Depth peeling

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Mon Apr 2 09:00:00 EDT 2007

Hi Paul,

I never received the email you're talking about...

What graphics card to you have?

Can you send me the output of the LoadOpenGLExtension and TestOpacity tests, please?

First, make sure your VTKData directory is up-to-date.

>From the root of your build directory of VTK type this and send me output1.txt and output2.txt:
$ ctest -R LoadOpenGLExtension -V > output1.txt

$ ctest -R TestOpacity -V > output2.txt

1. The first test will give me accurate informations about your graphics card/OpenGL driver and supported OpenGL extensions
2. The second test will tell me if depth peeling is actually used, and if used if it failed.

Paul Melis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently tried out the newly added depth peeling in VTK (in the CVS
> version). Unfortunately, on the machine I tested on the results weren't
> quite usable. The different depth layers seemed to be getting composited
> without proper alignment. I e-mailed Francois Bertel about this, as he
> seems to be the primary author for depth peeling support in VTK, but
> unfortunately haven't gotten a reply. Has anyone else have had success
> in using depth peeling?
>
> Regards,
> Paul

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive