[vtkusers] Re: Look up Table : It is possible to read a .lut file?

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Sun Apr 1 12:02:39 EDT 2007

Francois Louis LAILLIER wrote:
> Tank you Ocean spring, I try to read .lut files from ImageJ. I search on
> internet to know the structure of this type of file.
>
> If you know how read this file with Vtk, can you say how please?

Francois,

The lut format is a binary file containing 256 red, then 256 green, then
256 blue unsigned char values. That means the file should be 768
bytes... the file you attached had 800 bytes- 32 too many. You could
write a small amount of code (in c++, tcl, python, or java) to read the
.lut file in and assign the values to a vtkLookupTable object.

hth,

Goodwin